With video calling you can safely conduct a video calling within the Minddistrict platform. Here you will find a number of short instructions and tips to get a video call going as quickly and smoothly as possible.
Would you rather watch a video than read text? Then check out 'Video step by step: video calling as a therapist.
Short checklist for preparation:
- Discuss with your client whether he or she has the option of video calling. For this they need an account in Minddistrict, a good internet connection, and a camera and microphone on the computer, tablet or mobile phone.
- Discuss what time you are going to video call.
- Agree to start the conversation.
To be able to make video calls in Minddistrict, all conversation partners need an account within the Minddistrict platform.
Are you a therapist and don't have an account yet? Then click here on how to get a Minddistrict account.(Opens in new window) Do you have login problems? Check here what the causes can be and how you can solve this.(Opens in new window)
You can make video calls on a computer, laptop, tablet or telephone. Use Google Chrome, unless you use an iPad or iPhone. Then use Safari.
Before the conversation starts, you can perform a number of checks. For example, are you concerned about the quality of your internet connection? Take a test via www.speedtest.net to check the quality.(Opens in new window) You can increase the speed by (temporarily) turning off other programs.
In addition, it is important that you give the browser permission to use the camera and microphone. You will be guided in this during the setting up of the conversation. But you can also check and arrange this in advance. Here you will find the overview per browser:
- Chrome, Firefox, Edge: Click the lock icon in the address bar. A menu unfolds in which you can specify the block or allow the use of camera or microphone again.
- Safari tablet or mobile: Click on the 'aA' icon in the address bar. A menu will unfold, then click on 'website settings'. Here you can allow the use of camera and microphone.
- Safari MAC OS: Click on 'Safari' and then 'website settings'. Here you can allow the use of camera and microphone.
Set to work
Are you and the conversation partner(s) online in the platform? Follow the next steps to start a conversation.
Would you rather watch a video? Scroll down for a video.
Step 1: Click on ‘Start Conversation’.
Step 2: Then click on 'Start video call'.
Step 3: Give permission to use your camera and microphone.
Step 4: The conversation takes place
Video step by step: video calling as a therapist
Would you rather watch an explanatory video? You can! We made this video. Feel free to share it with your colleagues!