Do you have a question about your account? Or are you experiencing technical problems with the platform? Please contact the application manager(s) and/or service desk of your organisation. You will find the contact details of the application manager(s) and/or service desk at the footer of the platform.
Or take a look at the frequently asked questions on this support site.(Opent in nieuwe venster) Maybe your question can be found here.
When you log in, you will be taken to the homepage. This is the overview of your account. From your homepage, you can easily click through to client accounts or open tasks/conversations. What do you see on your homepage?
- (Number of pending) tasks
- Your (ongoing) calls
- Clients (your caseload)
- Fellow professionals
Via the tab ‘Catalogue’ you can search which tools are available on your platform. For a complete overview of all our tools, please check our website(Opent in nieuwe venster).
Would you like to use a tool that is not available for your platform? Then contact your application manager. Here you can find how to find your application manager(Opent in nieuwe venster).
Search bar and filter
You can search by keywords in the search bar. In addition, you can filter by::
- Suitable for mobile app
- Suitable for self-help
- Tool types
- Age groups
- Type of care
- Complaints and problems
In the search results, you will see all the tools that match your search criteria:
- You will see what type of tool it is (diary, module, screening, etc.). and whether it is a self-help tool
- A short description of the module. Want a detailed description of the tool? Then click on the title.
- You can see whether the module is suitable for the mobile app in addition to the also web. This is shown in purple.
- You can see the keywords by which the tool can be found.
By clicking on the title, you can view the content of the tool in more detail:
- You will find an overview of all the chapters and additional information.
- You can unfold the chapters to see which sessions are underneath them. If you click on the session, you will see the content of the session.
- You can see if there are other tools automatically added via triggers in this tool such as diaries, action plans, modules, etc. (Under the heading 'Adds')
- Under the heading 'Fits with' you will find an overview of situations where this tool can be used (such as type of care, age-group, themes)
Finally, if you are on this page, you can find the ID of the tool in the URL. On this supportpage we explain how you can find an ID
The menu-item 'Tasks' will give you to an overview of all open tasks.
Tasks disappear when they are completed. If you have several tasks and want to look up a task quickly, you can use the search bar. You can sort your tasks by task, description or receive date by clicking on the sorting arrows.
Want to quickly start a video call? View the instructions here.
The Minddistrict platform offers secure communication between clients and therapists. For example, you can send secure messages. To send messages, you start a conversation. In this conversation, all participants can send 1 or more messages.
For a therapist, these are:
- All clients you are related to
- All professionals in the platform
- Guests the professionals can invite (if this option is activated on your platform)
Sending a message
You can send messages in an existing conversation or start a new one.
- Existing conversations: Existing conversations can be found via the 'Conversations' menu at the top of your menu. Open a conversation in the list by clicking on it. You can reply at the bottom.
Do you have many existing conversations? Then you will also find this option in the client account.
- New conversation: Starting a new conversation with your contacts is done via the 'Start conversation' button on your homepage. You can give your conversation a subject and then type your first message in the conversation.
Receiving a message
You can also receive messages from your contacts. You will receive an e-mail about this. You can read the content of this message (for security reasons) only on the Minddistrict platform. All unread messages can be found in the 'Conversations' panel on your homepage or under the 'Conversations' tab with the tag 'Unread'.
Are you online in the platform and so is your conversation partner? You will not receive a notification e-mail.
Want to adjust the number of notification e-mails you receive? You can manage this in your preferences.
Manage a conversation
A conversation always has an owner. This is the person who started the conversation. This can therefore be either the client or the therapist. If the owner is a professional, the therapist can transfer the ownership to another therapist.
This does require that the therapist who takes over is connected to all participating clients in the conversation.
As a the owner of a conversation, you can:
- Change the subject of a conversation
- Add participants
- Remove participants
- Transfer ownership to another therapist
- Send an attachment (max. 10 MB per attachment; max. 40 MB per message)
- Possibly start a video call (*this functionality is not available by default).
A conversation without messages is automatically deleted after 24 hours.
Delete a message in a conversation
Accidentally sent a message or attachment to the wrong client? Sent a message with privacy information to the wrong person? You can immediately delete a message or attachment containing privacy-sensitive information from a conversation. When you hover over the message the option to delete the message will appear via a bin icon.
In the following screen, confirm that sensitive information has been shared that does not belong in the conversation. It is also advised to follow the organisation's protocol if there is a data breach.
You can use this functionality only in case of a data breach.
The participants in the conversation see a notification that the message has been deleted. A task is sent to the application manager(s) to permanently delete the message from the database. The deletion of a message is logged. The log can only be accessed by the application administrator(s)..
Leaving a conversation
As a participant, you can leave a conversation. You can then still see the history of the conversation, but you will no longer receive new messages in that conversation.
The owner of the conversation can't leave the conversation.
Starting a group conversation
The owner of a conversation can add participants to the conversation. This creates a group conversation with more than 2 participants. As a therapist, you can start a group conversation with 1 or more clients and 1 or more therapists. You can only add your own contacts to a conversation. Click 'Add participants' in the participants list.
When participants are added to a conversation who are not contacts of each other, they are automatically offered the option to set a nickname. This allows them to participate in the conversation anonymously.
Clients can also start a group conversation. For example, they can add friends in a conversation with the counsellor. Clients can also add only their own contacts in a conversation. Friends and therapists can participate in such a conversation only at the initiative of the client.
As a therapist, you have access to the clients in your own caseload. It is possible to be invited into conversations with clients who do not belong to your caseload (if you are added by a fellow professional, for example). To ensure the privacy of these clients, you will see a nickname of the client or you will see 'anonymous'. Anonymous means that participants have not yet set a nickname. If you are going to join a conversation with unknown participants, you are automatically prompted to set the nickname first.
Via the 'Clients' tab, you will access your client overview, your caseload. Here you can see all the clients that are linked to you within Minddistrict.
In this overview you can:
- Search for clients by name, e-mail or ID
- Filter by status (active and inactive accounts)
- Filter by gender
- Filter by relationship to client (if you are both 'Therapist' and 'Supervisor')
- Filter by label (if available)
- Sort by name, date of birth, last login date, creation date
You can also add new clients via the client overview (via the button 'Add client'. Clicking on a client takes you to the clients dashboard. Read more about managing your caseload here.
Searching outside your caseload
The following options can be turned on or off. It depends on how this is set up for your platform. If you have any questions about this, please contact the application manager(s) of your platform.
The client overview gives access to the clients you related to ('My clients'). Clients you are not linked to can - if necessary - be searched via the 'Other clients' tab. For privacy reasons, you have to enter a motivation why you want to search outside your own caseload. Once you have entered this motivation, you can search by
- Date of birth.
This action (including your provided motivation) is logged in the system and is visible to the platform's application manager.
Temporary access to a client account outside your caseload
Did you search outside your caseload and found the client whose account you want to view? Then you can get 'Temporary access' to this account. Temporary access gives you one-time viewing rights to the account. You cannot make changes to the account and cannot send messages to the client.
If you do want to be able to make changes in the account of the unrelated client, you can ask a colleague with the role of secretary in the platform to relate the client to you. Here you can find more information on transferring or taking over clients from colleagues.The temporary access stops when:
- You end this yourself via the 'Stop temporary access' button
- If you leave the account
Via the ´Professionals´ tab you will find the professionals added to the platform. You can search for a professional in various ways:
- Type (part of) the first or last name, email or ID in the open search field
- Sort by last name, first name, creation date, last login
- Filter by group
- Filter by labels (if applicable)
- Filter by account status (active or inactive)
- Filter by present or away
Want to ask a colleague something? Start a conversation within Minddistrict by clicking on the account and then on the 'Start conversation ballons'.